28 June 2011

The last nail


Date: 28-6-2011
Author: Leo

The last nail

Once upon a time, there was a monkey and an octopus. The monkey said “Octopus, can you help me to build my wooden treehouse?” The octopus said “Okay. I will help you to build a treehouse but I need some time.” After a long time, the octopus had almost finished but he needed one more nail. The monkey asked the other animals for a nail, but all of them had run out of nails. The octopus told the monkey to look after the treehouse and he went to the sea animals to ask if they had got any nails. He went very far away. He finally found a whale with a bunch of nails. “Can I borrow a nail?” asked the octopus. The whale said “Yes, of course.” The octopus swam back to the jungle. But when he took the nail out, it was brown and rusty. He made a phone call to the whale and asked, “Could you send me another nail?” The whale said, “Yes, I will send it right away.” Finally, the treehouse was built and the monkey lived in the treehouse happily ever after.